Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Excessive moodiness

When my daughter holds in all her frustration from her day at school, she explodes. If then she hasn't eaten on a regular schedule that day she becomes physically agressive. This is hard to handle. It's hard on her grandmother. I wasn't the same as a child and it baffles grandma quite a lot. Asking my daughter to hang up her coat becomes a struggle on these days which lead to temper tantrums and ultimately my frustration. At these times I try to keep calm. Most of the time I can, however when you are being hit it's hard to be neutral. I tell her how her actions affect me and then we discuss the day. We ask for God's guidance and I pray for patience. This is what helps us at the end of these days.

1 comment:

LizTot said...

I just read your blog and I can honestly relate to it! I have a 12 year old daughter that I struggle with on a daily basis. Know that you aren't alone! workingmothersunite